Coaching Webinar Page

Webinar Recordings

Are available over HERE.

Next Webinar Timing

TBA

To calculate the time in your area, try the world clock.
To join in just come back to this page.

NOTE: If you can’t make it the webinar will be recorded. If you have a question or a topic you’d like me to cover, leave a comment below.

Webinar Questions!

You’ll be able to ask questions in the ‘chat’ but in case you can’t make it live, please leave your questions in the comments below!

________

Healthy Meal Method modules10 Healthy Meal Method modules2 Healthy Meal Method modules3 Healthy Meal Method modules4 Healthy Meal Method modules5 Healthy Meal Method modules6 Healthy Meal Method modules7 Healthy Meal Method modules8

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Lilly Ray July 12, 2017

Hi,

Just following up as I didn’t hear back from you, sorry to email you again. I noticed your website page stonesoupvirtualcookeryschool.com/2012/03/meal-planning-webinar-page/ links to timeanddate.com from the world clock. Unfortunately, that site isn’t very accessible for the sight impaired. Would you consider adding a link to a more accessible version like [www.thetimenow.com/meeting-planner.php] which is WCAG 2.0 compatible?

Also, if you ever want to see how accessible a page is, I recommend wave.webaim.org. It is really helpful.

Thanks,
Lilly Ray

jules July 13, 2017

Sorry I missed your email Lilly!
Thanks for the tips on acccessibility

Heather Gagne July 24, 2015

Unfortunately, I can’t connect to the webinar for some reason. I’ll try to catch up with the recorded version tomorrow. Sorry, Jules, wish I could be there.

jules July 26, 2015

Hi Heather!
So sorry you couldn’t connect to the webinar. I’ve just posted the recording so hope you enjoy πŸ™‚

Heather Gagne July 24, 2015

Hi from HeatherG, Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Martha Hollowell August 23, 2014

Hi I enjoyed the webinar though I wasn’t able to do more than watch the video through the website. So, I didn’t get to “chat”. I’ve made several building blocks including some dried beans that got rather mushy. The rest are going into a chili soup so we will see what happens.

jules August 29, 2014

Hi Martha!
So glad you could join us but what a shame you couldn’t chat. I wish I were better at technology to be able to help. Were you able to see what other people wrote?
Mushy beans are great for making soup or dips like this one http://stonesoupvirtualcookeryschool.com/2013/09/white-bean-parmesan-dip/

Teresa April 9, 2014

Questions for MYMP webinar (not sure if I can make it, as I will be out of town and possibly out of wireless range): Would like suggestions on how to maximise efficiency without sacrificing spontaneity – what 2 veggies do I choose that go well together and aren’t double the work of preparing one; and how to choose meals keeping in mind the prep I can do that will also serve for another meal – so combinations both in the meal at hand as well as setting up for another meal that I am getting ahead on during the prep for the meal at hand.

Do you have rules of thumb for methods of reheating a variety of leftovers? I always wonder about temp and time. Yesterday wanted to heat a tortino di cioccaloto (storebought) to make it “molten” and had no idea what time/temp – don’t have or want a microwave – there wasn’t really time to think or search the internet since birthday boy was waiting, so I gave up and served it basically cold from fridge.

Thanks!

Teresa April 9, 2014

Another question: any suggestions for elegant yet easy Easter brunch menu, and how to think in terms of templates for it?

jules April 12, 2014

Great questions Teresa!

For an Easter brunch you need eggs!

I’d probably either go with ketchup baked legumes and poached eggs plus a green salad and then a cake for a sweet treat.

Or if you’re cooking for a larger group and don’t want to poach eggs maybe a baked frittata instead and a more substantial salad like the warm legume salad or the roast vegetable salad.

And if you think you need chocolate the no bake chocolate tart is always a winner and easy to do the day before.

Or try the Easter Bunny’s favourite cake over here:

Happy Easter!
J

jules April 12, 2014

I’ll cover these questions in more detail in the webinar Teresa when I reschedule.

But top level…

Efficiency without sacrificing spontaneity – I think the key is to just keep the number of ingredients you’re including or dishes you’re serving to a minimum… the more streamline your menu the easier things are from an efficiency perspective AND you can still be as spontaneous as you like πŸ™‚

Reheating
I usually use 180C (350F) if reheating in the oven… and I tend to just check in every 10 minutes for small pieces of food or every 15-20 minutes for larger items.

Keep the questions coming!

Karen November 7, 2013

Jules,

I can’t attend the next Webinar, but I’ve been wanting to ask you if you have any ideas or simple recipes for some of the strange foods I’ve been told I “should” be eating to get more nutrients, such as sardines/kippers and liver and other offal. Do you eat them? I’m a fairly adventurous eater, so I think once I try them enough, I’ll be able to get past the “strange” texture and flavor, but I find the idea of preparing them correctly intimidating! Any recipes or recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

Karen November 15, 2013

Thanks for the webinar, Jules. I feel more comfortable tackling sardines now- I like the idea of heating them up. And I think your suggestion about trying offal in good restaurants so that I can get used to the flavor is right on, I just hope that once I do decide to try cooking them myself, I can find recipes as simple and tasty as yours!

Also, I want to put in my vote for hearing more about your personal healthy habits. Darya Pino Rose covers her own healthy habits in The Foodist, and I found it very helpful to change my focus to smaller, consistent daily habits for health instead of attempting a massive diet overhaul that likely won’t stick.

Jo Rodriguez July 6, 2012

I love listening to your webinars, although since I work full time (Aussie EST), I can only download the sessions onto my ipod and listen to it later. The only problem I have is that I have to increase the volume up to 90%! I was wondering if anyone else has this technical issue? Your March Webinar volume was perfect, April was very low and May was a tad better for me. Please advise because I really look forward to it each month.

jules July 7, 2012

Hi Jo!
Thanks for the feedback on the webinar recordings.. so glad you’re enjoying them.

I’m not super technical with this stuff but will see what I can do from this end to make the sound recordings higher quality (and louder!).

And don’t forget if you have any questions… or suggestions for topics you’d like me to talk about just leave them in the comments here

Elizabeth Kelly June 20, 2012

Is the webinar over? I can’t get in – enter my display name & nothing happens

jules June 20, 2012

Sorry Elizabeth!
You must have just missed us… I’ve just put the recording up now πŸ™‚

karla June 20, 2012

Apologies, should have entered my question here earlier. My family and I will be moving to Hong Kong very soon and wanted to know what tools you recommend for a minimalist kitchen as well as a terribly clumsy cook. Don’t get to cook a lot where I’m from and to be honest basic knife skills intimidate me. That should all change after the move so any help will be much appreciated.

PS
If there are two things I’m thankful for these days it’s (1) for Yoga and (2) your site, Jules.
Thank you for all the healthy yet delicious meals!

jules June 20, 2012

Hi Karla!
Thanks so much for trying to tune in.. I’m sorry you had problems hearing… I’ve answered your questions and the recording is up now on the page above. I’ve also done my homework and put a link to the knife skills section of Solve Your Dinner Dilemma.. the video there will explain things much better than I did in the webinar.
And SO glad you’re enjoying the SVCS… really love to hear that it’s helping people πŸ™‚
And good luck with the move!

Gerry Cornelissen April 13, 2012

Hi Jules,
I did not realize how big the time difference is between USA and Australia.. ;-))
Love, Gerry

APRIL Webinar Time
Wednesday 18th APRIL 8PM (NEW YORK TIME) = Thursday 19th MARCH 10AM (SYDNEY TIME)

jules April 18, 2012

Hi Gerry
Yes it’s about as different as you can get! I still have to count on my fingers when trying to work out the difference πŸ™‚

Amy Helmick March 20, 2012

Just wanted to note that I found the webinar very helpful. Though I couldn’t be there “live”, being able to listen later is very nice. Lots of interesting discussion.

jules March 20, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback Amy.. really appreciate it.

Wasn’t sure how it would come across to someone listening to the recording.. so really glad it was helpful!

Mary Henwood March 17, 2012

Great webinar really enjoyed listening to it( a Kiwi living in Kelowna,BC,Canada)
Cooked the simple butter cake and substituted the eggs for bananas as I wanted to make a banana cake it took longer than 45 mins to cook and then turned out a bit doughy(undercooked I think)How do you know this cake is cooked?My husband who was eating the cake said it was yummy! πŸ™‚
Mary

jules March 20, 2012

Glad you enjoyed the webinar Mary!

And thanks for sharing with the cake… it’s cooked when the colour is deeply golden and it feels springy and bounces back when you touch it. The other thing is that it doesn’t ‘look’ raw when you cut into it…

Although I haven’t tried the banana replacement for eggs so that will change the texture… Glad your husband enjoyed it!

jules March 15, 2012

MARCH WEBINAR FOLLOW UP:
Trudy asked a question on whether there’s a difference between rice vinegar and rice wine vinegar?

Apparently they’re one and the same. It’s just sometimes labelled a wine vinegar to compete with the other wine vinegars on the market.
There are different types of rice (or rice wine) vinegar – black or brown / red / white. The difference comes from the type of rice used.

White is the most common and the one I use.

Rice Wine of course is a different beast as it hasn’t been turned into vinegar.

jules March 14, 2012

Great question Elizabeth!

I’ll cover it in the webinar but for me the most important thing when I’m on my own is to only cook what I need so I don’t create loads of leftovers.

And I tend to shop more regularly when living alone so I don’t need as much space for freezing and refrigerator stuff.

Moving away from traditional recipes which serve 4 or more to only cooking recipes that serve 1 or at the most 2 makes all the difference.

Elizabeth Kelly March 14, 2012

Do you have any tips, tricks or advice for a single person in regards meal planning. I don’t have much spare freezer space & not everything is suitable for freezing.